International Education and Training
Dernière mise à jour :
Master’s programme in Teaching, Education and Training Trades
Aera : Training Design Practices
Path : International Education and Training -IET
Training available in : Initial or continuous training
Perequisite : Level B2 or C1 in English and French, a BA or BSc to apply for M1 or a M1-VAP or VAE to apply for M2.
Output Level : Master’s degree
Duration : 4 semesters - 2 years
Credits : 120 ECTS (30 ECTS per semester)
Location of training : Bordeaux and online
CO-HEADS OF TRAINING
- Régis Malet et Martine Derivry : Co-heads of training - International education and training
Objectives and skills
- This hybrid Master program is dedicated to the training of educators, teachers, socio-educational workers, counsellors and trainers who wish to work in an intercultural and multilingual environment. The Master is designed for both French and English-speaking students ;
- The program’s bilingual dimension leads not to a question of translating, but rather of using one language or the other depending on the communication situation. Course content is interdisciplinary by nature, combining education and language sciences with language and culture, so as to best meet the education and professional requirements in teaching, training and socio-educational careers, in today’s intercultural and multilingual contexts ;
- The program proposes content that encourages “intercultural encounters” between its students, and endeavours to facilitate such encounters between people who are distant both geographically and in terms of their professional environments. Both the content and the teaching/learning methods are based on these unifying objectives and specificities.
Skills to be acquired
- The diversity of the student audience is channelled by the essential and unifying element of the training, namely that of socio-educational work in intercultural and multilingual contexts ;
- Training combines on-site sessions, virtual classes, online resources and collaborative work carried out in small groups. Such collective work and the students’ active engagement is a driver of the course, made possible through technical and pedagogical support, a work platform (Moodle) with integrated interactive virtual classes (Zoom), all organized around a common student calendar. The coherence of the system and its design makes the achievement of the theoretical training objectives feasible ;
- Although the drafting of a dissertation is a core component of the individual training process, the methods also include group work. One of the objectives of such group work is to show the ability to accompany and coach others in their own training. This aspect of the course, simultaneously ethical, deliberative and collegial, is common to all the teaching units.